No-bake dark chocolate nut bars
These are absolutely yummy and a great addition to a packed lunch, or just a simple treat to have with your cuppa.
Nutritional values per serving
200g pecan nuts
150g whole almonds
50g desiccated coconut
100g very dark chocolate chips
225g peanut or almond butter (pure, palm oil free, sugar free)
60g coconut oil
140ml Sukrin gold fibre syrup
2 tsp vanilla extract
· Place the nuts in your food processor and whiz gently until they are broken but not dust. Remove half of the nuts and pulse the remaining nuts gently to make a finer, but still chunky texture.
· Place all the nuts in a bowl, stir in the desiccated coconut and the chocolate chips
· Place the peanut butter, coconut oil, sukrin gold and vanilla in a pan over a medium heat. Stir until all combined and melted.
· Pour immediately over the nut mixture and make sure it is very well mixed – you want all the nuts to be wet with the creamy mix.
· Press into a lined baking tin (I use a 9 x13 inch tin). Really compress the nuts into the tin as this helps hold it all together. If you need help to do this, pop a sheet of greaseproof over the mixture and use a mug to press down.
· Place in the fridge until set fully - this can take a few hours. Once set you can drizzle with more dark chocolate and a sprinkle of nuts. Set again before cutting into slices.
Store in the fridge as this keeps it firm.