The major function of iron is to combine with protein and copper in making haemoglobin. Iron provides a wide range of roles including contributing to normal immune system function, cognitive function, cognitive development in children and energy-yielding metabolism.
- Cytoplan Wholefood Iron supplement is made from a species of brassica (the broccoli family) that has been hydroponically grown
- Iron is the most abundant mineral in the blood.
- Iron is also involved in respiration as it carries oxygen to all the body cells and is essential for the oxidation of fatty acids
- Iron is found in the brain as a co-factor in the synthesis of serotonin and noradrenalin, which are known to regulate behaviour
- Pregnancy, menstruation and blood loss from injury will remove stores of iron
- Easy-to-swallow capsules
Iron provides a role in:
- Formation of red blood cells and haemoglobin
- Iron can contribute to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- Iron contributes to normal oxygen transport in the body
- Contribution to normal energy yielding metabolism
- Contributes to normal function of the immune system
- Contributes to normal cognitive function
- Contributes to normal cell division
Wholefood Iron1 capsule will provide on average
+NRV = Nutritional Reference Value
* Indicates no NRV
Hydroponically-grown crucifeous vegetable (Brassica Juncea) providing Iron, capsule shell (Vegetable Cellulose).
1-3 capsules daily, or take as directed by a practitioner.
Vegetarians and vegans and for people with Candida and yeast sensitivities.
It is not recommended that men and post-menopausal women supplement with iron unless recommended to do so by a doctor or practitioner. Iron, if taken in excess, may be harmful to very young children.
Vegetable cellulose (capsule shell).
Non GM & Free From:
Dairy, yeast; wheat; starch, gluten; soy; added sugars, colourings, flavourings & preservatives.
Keep cool, dry & out of direct sunlight.
Keep all supplements out of sight and reach of young children. Do not exceed stated recommended intake. Food supplements must not be used as a substitute for a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. Adverse reactions to supplements are rare, but If you experience an adverse reaction stop taking the product and contact your practitioner or one of our nutritional therapists. Sometimes a supplement will suit one person but not another.