Organic Chromium is an active ingredient of a substance called GTF (Glucose Tolerance Factor). GTF is now being recognised as important in carbohydrate metabolism. It stimulates the activity of enzymes involved in the metabolism of glucose for energy and the synthesis of fatty acids and cholesterol. When Chromium levels are low in the body, GTF levels are low too and the activity of insulin is blocked – blood glucose levels therefore remain elevated.
- Cytoplan Wholefood GTF Chromium is better absorbedandlonger retained than isolated chromium
- The dietary (natural) form of chromium is trivalent chromium – which has very low toxicity. Wholefood Chromium is trivalent
- Chromium contributes to the maintenance of normal blood glucose levels
- Contributes to normal macronutrient metabolism
- Chromium provides a role in the maintenance of normal blood glucose concentrations
- Cytoplan Wholefood GTF Chromium supplement is made from a species of brassica (the broccoli family) that has been hydroponically grown in a chromium rich environment. As such it is a wholefood form of the mineral with high bio-availability
- Easy-to-swallow capsules with 100ug of GTF Chromium per caps
Wholefood GTF Chromium1 capsule will provide on average
+NRV = Nutritional Reference Value
* Indicates no NRV
Microcrystalline cellulose, capsule shell (Vegetable Cellulose) hydroponically grown cruciferous vegetable (Brassica Juncea) providing chromium and silicon dioxide.
1-2 capsules daily, or take as directed by a practitioner.
Vegetarians, vegans and for people with Candida and yeast sensitivities.
None, although insulin dependant diabetics are advised to seek medical advice before supplementing with GTF chromium, as the supplement might alter their insulin requirements.
Microcrystalline cellulose, Vegetable cellulose (capsule shell), silicon dioxide.
Non GM & Free From:
Wheat; starch, gluten; dairy; added sugars, colourings, flavourings & preservatives.
Keep cool, dry & out of direct sunlight.
Keep all supplements out of sight and reach of young children. Do not exceed stated recommended intake. Food supplements must not be used as a substitute for a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. Adverse reactions to supplements are rare, but If you experience an adverse reaction stop taking the product and contact your practitioner or one of our nutritional therapists. Sometimes a supplement will suit one person but not another.