Cytoplan Thyroid Support has been developed for those with underactive thyroid gland.
- Thyroid Support contains L-tyrosine, an amino acid that the thyroid gland uses to make its hormones
- Seagreens ® Ascophyllum nodosum is the organic kelp (a type of seaweed) species that we use in our product. It provides a natural source of iodine – iodine is needed for thyroid hormone production and is one of the micronutrients known to be short in many people’s diets.
- Seagreens ® is a rich source of a range of minerals, vitamins, trace elements, amino acids, essential fats and antioxidants. Studies demonstrate Seagreens®’s nutritional value to be higher than seaweeds of the same species from the same location.
- Research shows that the iodine from Seagreens® is an ideal form which has a more prolonged and steady uptake than potassium iodide (the common form of iodine in table salt), with no adverse effect on the thyroid.
- Seagreens® carries Nutritious Food Seaweed BDA certification – it assures consumers of consistent nutritional value, levels of iodine, and is rooted in the principles of sustainable food and biodynamic production.
- Selenium is included as this trace mineral helps with conversion of the thyroid hormone T4 to T3, the latter is metabolically active.
- Iodine contributes to:
- Normal production of thyroid hormones and normal thyroid function
- Normal cognitive function
- Normal energy-yielding metabolism
- Normal functioning of the nervous system
- Maintenance of normal skin
- Normal growth of children
- Selenium contributes to:
- Normal thyroid function
- Normal spermatogenesis
- The maintenance of normal hair and nails
- The normal function of the immune system
- The protection of cells from oxidative stress
Thyroid Support with L-Tyrosine & organic Kelp (New)
1 Capsule will provide on average:
|Organic Kelp (Seagreens ® Ascophyllum nodosum)||215.0mg||*|
|Selenium (from yeast)||56.75ug||103|
+NRV = Nutritional Reference Value
* Indicates no NRV
L-Tyrosine, organic kelp (Seagreens ® Ascophyllum nodosum)providing iodine, manganese, selenium (from yeast), vegetable cellulose.
One or two capsules daily as a food supplement or as directed by a practitioner
Vegans & Vegetarians
Not to be used in pregnancy. People already taking prescribed thyroid medication should consult with their doctor before using this supplement.
Non GM & Free From:
GMO, gluten, wheat, soy, dairy, added sugar, flavourings & colourings.
Keep cool, dry & out of direct sunlight.
Keep all supplements out of sight and reach of young children. Do not exceed stated recommended intake. Food supplements must not be used as a substitute for a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. Adverse reactions to supplements are rare, but If you experience an adverse reaction stop taking the product and contact your practitioner or one of our nutritional therapists. Sometimes a supplement will suit one person but not another.