CytoProtect® Joints is formulated using Peptan® IIm powder, a hydrolysed matrix of type II collagen and glycosaminoglycans (chondroitin sulphate and hyaluronic acid). CytoProtect® is a new range of products backed by a combination of scientific and clinical research, and clinical experience.
CytoProtect® Joints is formulated using Peptan® IIm powder, a hydrolysed matrix of type II collagen and glycosaminoglycans (chondroitin sulphate and hyaluronic acid).
- Glycosaminoglycans (chondroitin sulphate and hyaluronic acid) and type II collagen are produced in the body and are the building blocks for cartilage. Cartilage is the main connective tissue in the body and it protects the ends of bones in joints by providing padding, lubrication and tensile strength
- Collagen is the most abundant protein in the human body; it accounts for approximately 25% of our body’s protein mass. As a major component of connective tissue, it can be found in skin, muscles, tendons etc. While there are several types of collagen proteins, it is collagen type II protein which makes up the fluids and supports function in the cartilage and joints
- Chondroitin sulphate, which is synthesised in the body, is an important structural component of cartilage found in joints within the body
- Hyaluronic acid, again synthesised in the body, is an integral component of synovial fluid and articular cartilage which together provide essential cushioning and lubrication to joints
- Peptan® IIm collagen is extracted from porcine cartilage
- Studies have shown that Peptan® IIm has a high bioavailability in comparison to other collagen forms
- 1-2g daily dose, 60g powder providing a 30-60 day supply
- Not suitable for vegetarians or vegans